This rich curry flavoured noodle is traditionally served with prawns and sliced fish cake but here we have replaced fish cake with chicken. The pre-cooked base stock makes this an easy meal to prepare.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 170g raw king prawns
- 100g laksa paste (such as Dollee Brand)
- 200ml Mai Siam Coconut Milk
- 75g Mai Siam Rice Noodles (dry weight)
- 120g beansprouts
- 8 pieces fried tofu puffs (approximately 100g)
- Thinly sliced red chillies, fresh chopped herbs and a lime wedge to garnish
- Bring 300ml water to the boil and cook the whole chicken breast for approximately 6 minutes or until it is cooked. If raw prawns are used, cook in the same stock for 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and prawns from the water but keep the stock. When the chicken breast has cooled slighty, finely slice.
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet and add the beansprouts for 1-2 minutes at the end of the noodles cooking time to lightly blanch. Drain and rinse with cold water, then reserve until ready to serve.
- Add the laksa paste to the reserved stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk to the stock and simmer gently for a further 2 minutes. Add the chicken, prawns and tofu puffs to the curry for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- To serve, divide the noodles and beansprouts between two bowls and top with the laksa curry mix. Garnish with the thinly sliced fresh red chilli, fresh herbs and a lime wedge.