Brit's LOVE chilli sauce!
According to a recent article in The Grocer, Brit's love chilli sauce. So much so in fact, that chilli sauce sales have, for the first time ever, overtaken sales of Worcestershire Sauce. Do you love chilli sauce as much as we do?
Here's a recipe which goes great with a side of Sweet Chilli Sauce!
Crispy Prawn Fritters with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Serves 2 as a starter
300g large prawns
85g plain flour
3 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
150-175ml water (add slowly)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
vegetable oil for deep frying
Wing Yip Sweet Chilli Sauce
1. If the prawns have shells on, remove the shells but leave the tails intact. Devein and butterfly all the prawns. Wash and pat them dry with kitchen paper.
2. Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together. Add the water and mix to make up a smooth, thick batter. It should be thicker than pancake batter. Then add the salt and oil and leave the batter to stand for approximately half an hour.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or deep fat fryer. The oil should be hot enough to brown a cube of bread in 30 seconds when dropped into it.
4. Holding the prawns by the tail, dip the whole prawn in the batter to coat it. Drop the prawn gently into the hot oil.
5. Cook the prawns in batches in this way until all the prawns are cooked, approximately 5-8 minutes depending on the size of your prawns.
6. Drain well on kitchen paper and serve immediately with Wing Yip Sweet Chilli Sauce.
What is your favourite Chilli Sauce? Let us know in a comment below!